“Solitary” – via dictionary.com…
1. alone; without companions; unattended: a solitary passer-by.
2. living alone; avoiding the society of others: a solitary existence.
3. by itself; alone: one solitary house.
4. characterized by the absence of companions: a solitary journey.
5. done without assistance or accompaniment; done in solitude: solitary chores.
This week’s photo challenge asks us to contemplate ‘solitary’.
Daydreams of being the sole occupant of a tropical island used to dominate my mind on rough days at the office. Self-employment led the opposite direction as I found being the solitary human in the house a challenge. I’ve always been enchanted by people, places and things that stand out in a crowd – solitary in their individuality. Then there are those at one with their surroundings… Once again, plenty of fodder for photography.