As the Canadian Thanksgiving is upon us, it seems this week’s Photo Challenge is perfectly timed with its theme “happy“. As Canadians we have a lot to be happy about, and thankful for – universal healthcare, a reasonably strong economy in the wake of global instability, jobs, housing, an abundance of food, freedom – and the list goes on. It takes traveling to different countries to open our eyes to how much of this we take for granted.
In light of Thanksgiving I took a look at what makes me happy…
- My husband and kids – even if I may not always show my appreciation.
- My crazy menagerie – three cats, and two dogs – including an 80lb ‘puppy’.
- Being packaged out of my company last year so I could pursue my passion and make photography my new career.
- Always learning new things.
- My friends – and their funny posts on Facebook giving me my laughter for the day.
- Sunshine, flowers and birds singing.
- The ocean (although I have to travel to see that – another item that makes me happy.)
- Trying new recipes.
Anyone who knows me (except perhaps my teenaged daugther) would describe me as positive, happy and optimistic. In times where ‘global whining’ seems to come forefront, I’d like to keep it that way.
I’ve had plenty of opportunity to shoot “happy” this summer, so let’s see if WordPress’s new gallery formats will make me happy…